Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Boys

I love this picture! The boys hate it! My 3 handsome, darling boys whom I just love to death. I made those clothes for a few reasons. 1) Cause we didn't have much money 2) So when we went to Disneyland for the first time I could spot them out in a crowd if they were lost. 3) So everyone knew they were all three mine and they belonged to me. Looking at this picture, it takes me back to a time in my life when it was the hardest and yet the most rewarding. I miss those days when I would quietly sneak into their rooms late at night just look at their sweet, and sleepy faces, knowing that their day was filled with so much adventure. I miss the Star Wars, Heman, and Skeletor figures all over the house. Those days when Wes and I would try to go to three different baseball games on a Saturday. Those times when walking into a grocery store a little hand would reach out and grab mine. I have loved having three boys. There have been many broken bones, stitches, and nights waiting up for them when it was past their curfew. Yet, I wouldn't change a thing. They have left home, but will never leave my heart. The rocking chair in my room does not rock them anymore, but now rocks their precious babies. And on those Saturday nights went they find me in that chair with their sleepy baby in my arms, I pass them to their fathers knowing they are the best dad's in the world! And they say to me, "Thanks Mom, I love you." And all is well in the world

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture too. Do you still have these clothes? :)

Bayles Family said...

You did raise some good boys :)